Saturday, October 1, 2011

Fresh ginger tea to start the day

I have been making this tea for some time now and never really had a cold  since . To me, this tea is elixir of good health. It is an excellent aid for digestion and a great booster to immune system. 
It really is easy to make. I do about 2-3 liters at the time and keep it in the fridge.  

You will need: 
Fresh ginger
Blender or a grater

Clean the ginger, cut into chunks, if pureeing in the blender. If not, grate it with the gadget you have. 
Meanwhile, boil water. I do not pour the boiling water, I let it stand for few minutes, just to make sure that all the vitamins will stay.
After it cools, strain it with the cheese cloth. 
You may add some stevia to it, or honey if desired.
The chunks of cleaned ginger

Ready to be pureed

The pureed ginger

Add hot water and let it steam covered for 30 minutes
The tea may come out quite strong. When drinking it, I put half a cup of water and half ginger tea. It depends on your taste buds.



No comments:

Post a Comment