Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chicken soup

Today I felt for some nice comforting chicken soup.  Since I didn't use the usual chicken bones, but just the chicken breast, this lovely soup has no fat and it is still just as tasty.

You will need:
A few pieces of chicken breast, about 400 gr.
onion
spices (I used paprika and Mrs. Dash)
fresh dill ( I usually buy dill, clean, chop in the mini chopper and freeze in the little bags. That way I have fresh dill all the time).

Take a pot, put chopped or pureed onion. Put the pieces of the chicken and spices, except for dill.
Cook on low heat for 1 hour. Serve with one piece of chicken (about 100 gr or 3.5 oz), sprinkle some dill. Nice, comforting and healthy! 
I didn't have it today, but I believe to put some chopped kale at the very end would be a great idea. That way you get your green veggie, too. Next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment